The web is an important source of information but a lot of the content should be treated with caution. A good place to start your search is from the Library's own list of Internet Gateways which also includes a link to Google Scholar. These Gateways provide access to a wide range of web pages that have been evaluated and identified as appropriate for use by students in higher education.
The page also contains links for three of the major Internet Search Engines, if you wish to conduct your own searches using these resources, please view the Library's guide on how to search and evaluate the information on the web.
The gateways page includes reources specifically aimed at the individual faculties - please see below for list of recommended sites for your subject:
General modern language resources
- Gallica from the Bibliotheque Nationale
- Internet for Modern Languages - web tutorial
- Internet resources for language teachers and learners
- Intute - Modern languages and area studies
- Voice of the Shuttle
- Western European Studies resources including regional, historical, medieval and social issues