Treasures of Durham University
The first exhibition in Palace Green Library's prestigious new Wolfson Gallery, features some of Durham University's most important treasures. Drawn from collections across the university, including the Oriental Museum, the Old Fulling Mill Museum of Archaeology, Durham Castle and of course, Palace Green Library, the exhibition provides an opportunity to discover the richness of our collections; spanning both millennia and the globe.
The Wolfson Gallery has been built to safely exhibit our collections to the highest standards of conservation. Some items can only be displayed for short periods in low light levels, and will be changed throughout the duration of the exhibition. There will always be something new to see, but if you are keen to see a specific item from our collections, please check in advance whether it is on display.
The Spotlights are small focused displays highlighting particular collections within the Treasures of Durham University exhibition. Spotlights will change throughout the year, so that there is always something new to see.
Click here to see 2011 Spotlight Exhibitions
Palace Green Library
Tel: +44 (0)191 334 2972
- Tuesday - Sunday 10am - 4.45pm
- Closed during exhibition changes
- Adults - £3.00
- Concessions & Children - £2.00
- Family day ticket (2 adults, 2 children) - £8.00
- Infants (under 5) - FreeHelper/carers - Free
- Group rate - £2.50 per person based on 10 and above (only available on pre-booked groups)
- School visits - pupils - £2.00 - teachers/helpers - Free
- Free entry for Durham University Campus Card holders
- Season Tickets, valid for one year from day of purchase:
- Adults - £15.00
- Concessions - £10.00
- Children and Students - £6.00
- Family (2 adults, 2 children) - £40.00