To support the pursuit of research, scholarship, and learning in the context of the University's strategic aims by providing information resources and associated services to the University and wider community.
In addition to values shared with the University as a whole, the Library will:
- Elicit and respond to stakeholder needs.
- Be innovative and enterprising in providing information resources and services.
- Practise exemplary standards of stewardship over resources of enduring research and cultural value for Durham University.
- Embrace a consultative and collaborative approach with regional, national and international partners.
- Strive for best practice in services to and accessibility for users, and in accountability to stakeholders.
- Provide services and resources to support the research ambitions of Durham University.
- Provide services and resources to support the distinctive learning experience at Durham University.
- Contribute fully to Durham University's regional, national and international roles.
- Develop Library infrastructure (space and IT) to meet University aims and enable innovation.
- Develop Library staff and processes to underpin effective and innovative services that meet user need.
- Durham University Library Services strategy 2008-13 (last modified: 20 November 2008)
- Durham University Library Services annual report 2007-08 (last modified: 20 November 2008)