8.1.6: Development of Research and Other Skills
58. The University provides a Postgraduate Training Programme consisting of an Induction Day followed by a series of courses over the academic year. The learning outcomes of this programme are consistent with sections C to G of the Joint Research Councils Skills statement.
59. The University requires academic departments to provide training opportunities consistent with sections A and B of the JRC Skills statement, and to have an up-to-date policy statement outlining this departmental provision.
60. The University requires all postgraduate research students to complete a Training Needs Analysis in the first month of their studies, a copy of which should be maintained on the student's departmental file.
61. Students will choose appropriate courses from those available to meet the needs identified in their Training Needs Analysis.
62. Students will review their training needs on an annual basis.