11.1.7 : Faculty Periodic Review and Accreditation Panels
1. There shall be a Faculty Periodic Review and Accreditation Panel (PRAP) for each faculty.
2. The members of each Panel shall be:
- The Chair of the Faculty Education Committee (Undergraduate) (Chair);
- The Chair of the Faculty Education Committee (Postgraduate);
- A member of the relevant Faculty Education Committee (Undergraduate) appointed by the Chair of that Committee;
- A member of the relevant Faculty Education Committee (Postgraduate) appointed by the chair of that Committee.
a. When the periodic review report or accreditation report of the Chair's own department/school is being considered the Chair of the Faculty Education Committee (Postgraduate) shall chair the meeting.
b. The members of Faculty Education Committees serving in any particular meeting of the PRAP shall be substituted when a report on his/her department/school is being considered, or, if that is not possible, shall withdraw for that part of the discussion.
c. The members of Faculty Education Committees shall be appointed for three years at a time and be eligible for re-appointment.
d. Representatives of the department/school whose periodic review report or accreditation report is being considered by the PRAP will normally be invited to attend the meeting at which this consideration takes place.
3. The PRAPs shall be responsible to the Quality and Standards Sub-Committee for ensuring that the reports of the University's periodic review process and of accrediting bodies are followed up so that all recommendations are appropriately addressed, in support of achievement of the University's agreed aims and objectives in relation to learning and teaching and related aspects of the student experience. This will include:
a. considering the notes of the three month meeting between a department/school and the faculty following a periodic review conducted by the University;
b. considering the actions taken by a department/school in response to the recommendations in periodic review reports, on the basis of the evidence submitted by the department/school;
c. recommending to the Quality and Standards Sub-Committee the signing-off of the periodic review process when all recommendations of a periodic review report have been appropriately addressed;
d. ensuring that the recommendations of accrediting body reports are addressed by the department/school concerned;
e. recommending to the Quality and Standards Sub-Committee the signing-off of the departmental responses to reports from accrediting bodies;
f. identifying good practice that can be disseminated;
g. informing Quality and Standards Sub-Committee of any major issues arising which cannot be dealt with by the PRAP in consultation with the department/school concerned;
h. any other matters referred to the PRAP by Quality and Standards Sub-Committee or Education Committee.