126.96.36.199: General Admissions Procedures: Undergraduate and Taught Postgraduate
1. The instructions of Senate on admissions matters must be adhered to strictly. Individual variations can eventually become confusing for other staff involved in admissions, and create an impression of a lack of order to people outside the University.
2. Applications for all full-time programmes (except Medicine) in Durham City and at the Queen's Campus are received from UCAS by the Student Recruitment and Admissions Office of the Academic Office, based in the University Office.
3. Applicants for the Durham route of the Medicine programme at Queen's Campus, operated in conjunction with the University of Newcastle, are received from UCAS at the University of Newcastle, who then pass these applications direct to the Medicine programme. Applications passed to the Medicine programme will include both those that state Durham as a preference and a proportion of those who state neither Durham nor Newcastle as a preference.
4. The Director of the Student Recruitment and Admissions Office, who is the Senior Assistant Registrar in charge of the Undergraduate Admissions Office, is responsible for managing the undergraduate admissions process to all programmes based in Durham City and at the Queen's Campus.
5. The following procedures apply to all candidates for admission to full-time first degree courses at the Durham University, whether their permanent home address is in the UK or overseas.