Professor Willem van Boom
Willem van Boom is a part-time professor at Durham Law School. For more information, a full CV and list of publications, please visit www.professorvanboom.eu.
- Paper "Prevention and private law", presented at the Conference "The Ideas of Prevention" (Centre of Comparative Law, Charles University, Prague, 4 May, 2012)
- Presentation "Competition for group actions - recent developments in European class actions', at Leuven University staff seminar (Leuven, 25 April 2012)
- Paper “Behavioural economics and consumer policy” presented at the Conference “Consumer law – the first fifty years”, Utrecht University, the Netherlands, 15 March 2012)
- van Boom, Willem & Ogus, Anthony (2011). Juxtaposing Autonomy and Paternalism in Private Law. Hart Publishing.
- Steele, Jenny & van Boom, Willem (2011). Mass Justice - Challenges of Representation and Distribution. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Garcia Porras, Catherine I. & van Boom, Willem H. (2012). Information disclosure in the EU Consumer Credit Directive: opportunities and limitations. In Consumer Credit, Debt and Investment in Europe. Devenney, James & Kenny, Mel Cambridge University Press. 21-55.
- van Boom, W.H. (2012). Torts, Courts and Legislatures: Comparative Remarks on Civil Law Codifications of Tort Law. In Tort Law and the Legislature - Common Law, Statute and the Dynamics of Legal Change. Arvind, T.T. & Steele, J. Hart Publishing. 17-30.
Journal papers: academic
- Büyüksagis,Erdem & van Boom, Willem H. (2013). Strict Liability in Contemporary European Codification: Torn Between Objects, Activities, and Their Risks. Georgetown Journal of International Law 44(2): 609-640.
- van Boom, W.H. (2011). Do Insurers Have to Pay for Bad Behaviour in Settling Claims? Legal Aspects of Insurers' Wrongful Claims Handling. Journal of European Tort Law 2(1): 77-102.
- van Boom, W.H. (2011). Price Intransparency, Consumer Decision Making and European Consumer Law. Journal of Consumer Policy 34(3): 359-376.
- (2010). Comparative Notes on Injunction and Wrongful Risk-Taking. Maastricht Journalof European and Comparative Law 1: 10-31.
- Van Boom, Willem H. (2010). Comparative Notes on Injunction and Wrongful Risk-Taking. Maastricht Journal of European and Comparative Law 17(1): 10-31.
- van Boom, Willem (2010). Juxtaposing BTE and ATE: the role of the European insurance industry in funding civil litigation. Comparative Law Forum 1.
- van Boom, W.H. (2009). De Minimis Curat Praetor – Redress for Dispersed Trifle Losses. Journal of Comparative Law 4: 171-185.