Knowledge Transfer Partnerships are a great way for graduates (first or higher degree) to use their knowledge and develop their management skills
- Do you want to be part of an exciting and challenging project?
- Are you interested in further study alongside a job?
- Would you like to see the current vacancies? click here
84% of Associates accepted the offers of employment following completion of the project, compared with 79% in 2008/09KTP Annual Report 2009-10
KTP Associates are graduates with at least an Upper Second Class Degree in a subject related to the needs of the partnership.
The host university becomes the Associate's employer for the duration of the project and 90% of your time will be spent at the company working on the project. The remaining 10% is taken up with training and holidays.
You will have the support of both a Company Supervisor and an Academic Supervisor throughout the project.
Why consider KTP as a career option?
There are great benefits for you if you take up the opportunity of a KTP which will go a long way to taking you out of the "you have your degree, but you also need experience" loop seen in many job adverts.
Not only will you get the job, the salary and the experience you will also access a training package second to none.
- study for a Masters by Research or PhD (dependent on the project)
- attend three residential training courses to develop your management skills
- work towards professional membership of the appropriate institute
- other project-related and business skills training tailored to meet your needs
You will also be encouraged to attend conferences and write or co-author academic papers based on your project.
Finding the opportunity to suit you
KTP Associateships appear throughout the year and are advertised widely.
Click this link to find the latest opportunities. Your route to further details for each post is via the KTP Office or Human Resources Department at the named university. As a Durham Graduate you are not limited to opportunities here in Durham.
You can also post your CV online, if you wish, by registering on www.ktponline.org.uk . Please be as specific as you can about degree subject and experience.
Because I have had a strategic role in the company and its growth, I have a deep commitment to ensuring that the work we have started is completed and that KC Engineering continues to prosper after the Knowledge Transfer Parnership programme has ended.Ryan Maughan, former Durham KTP Associate with KC Engineering Ltd
Find an Opportunity to Suit You
The KTP Website is the best place to start. Jobs are posted here and there is also a searchable database which indicates partnerships with vacancies