Interested? Here's what to do...
Timing is essential when considering going on exchange and one of the most important things is not to leave the decision to study abroad to the last minute. Please consider that application and preparation take time and that parts of the process are subject to pre-scheduled deadlines. The most important step is to get informed early!
Prior to starting your studies at Durham University
Learn about exchange opportunities by:
- contacting the Exchange Coordinator in your department to inquire informally about exchange and other placement opportunities available during your degree.
- reading the resources on exchange/ placement programmes offered by the University as well as further external resources
- discussing your plans with your parents and friends
October (Michaelmas term of Year 1)
Get more information on going abroad in the upcoming or subsequent years by:
- attending the information sessions offered by the International Office
- attending information sessions offered by the departments
- talking to students that have been abroad or are about to go abroad from your department
November - February (Michaelmas term of Year 1 / Year 2)
Apply for an exchange. If you plan to replace your second year at Durham with a year abroad you will need to apply at the beginning of Year 1. If you will be going abroad in the third year of your programme you will need to apply at the beginning of Year 2.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Exchanges & Study Abroad Team at the International Office.
Exchanges & Study Abroad Team
Tel: +44 (0)191 3346325
Fax: +44 (0)191 3346326