Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to pay a tuition/accommodation fee deposit?
International students applying for undergraduate degree programmes and college accommodation are not required to pay a deposit to confirm their place on the course or their college accommodation.
The following students will be required to pay a deposit:
• Students who wish to confirm their place on a postgraduate programme offered by Durham Business School.
• Students who wish to reserve postgraduate college accommodation.
• Students who wish to join a pre-sessional course at the Language Centre.
• Student who wish to reserve accommodation during a pre-sessional English course.
• Students applying direct to Durham University Foundation Centre for the International Foundation Year.
Students who are required to pay a deposit will be informed of the deposit amount and how to pay the deposit when they apply and are made an offer for the course.