What is included in the visit?
The following are included free of charge:
- Collection from Newcastle airport or Durham railway station on Sunday 7th July and transportation to your accommodation at Durham University.
- Return transportation to Newcastle airport or York railway station on Saturday 13th July from your accommodation at Newcastle University.
- 6 nights single en-suite accommodation (7th - 12th July) and breakfast (8th - 13th July) for College Counselors attending the programme.
- Lunch on the 8th, 10th and 12th July
- Evening meal on the 8th, 10th and 12th July
- Day trip to visit the sites of North East England on Tuesday 9th July and Thursday 11th July.
You will be responsible for covering the costs of your return transportation from your home country to Newcastle Airport/Durham Railway Station, and any additional meals, snacks, or night's accommodation.
Where will I be staying?
For the evenings of the 7th - 13th July the Universities will provide B&B accommodation. The provided accommodation will be in a single en-suite bedroom in University residences.
When should I arrive?
College Counselors can request collection from Newcastle Airport on the afternoon and evening of Sunday 7th July. Counselors arriving outside of that time or at another location are advised to contact the International Office and they will assist you with arranging transport to Durham at your own cost.
Where should I arrive?
Counselors are advised to travel to Newcastle Airport, which is the closest airport to Durham City (the location of your first night's accommodation). Those arriving on 7th July will be able to take advantage of our free airport transfer service.
More information about Newcastle Airport can be found on their website at: http://www.newcastleairport.com/
Will it rain?
We hope not, but the British weather can be changeable so please come prepared for rain on at least one day of your visit.
Can I bring my partner?
Please note that places on the programme are limited and accommodation is provided to College Counselors on a single basis so we are unable to accommodate partners in the visit schedule. However, should your partner wish to join you after the visit in order to explore the region or the rest of the UK we will be happy to provide you with lists of local hotels and B&Bs, as well as recommendations about local attractions that you may wish to visit.