South East Asia Regional Interest Group
The South East Asia Regional Interest Group (RIG) brings together Durham staff with shared interests within this region. This group covers the following geographical areas:
- Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia
This group provides a forum for staff to share information on research activity in the region and on sources of funding to support research and teaching links. It also provides an opportunity to invite speakers from external organisations with interests within the region.
Members of Durham University who have a link to this region and wish to become a member of the South East Asia Regional Interest Group are encouraged to either complete the survey of regional interest form available at the below link, or contact Libby Wood for more details.
Research Centres and Institutes
- Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM)
- Centre for Social Justice and Community Action
- Institute of Hazard, Risk and Resilience
- International Boundaries Research Unit
- International Landslide Centre
- Bioarchaeology of pig domestication and husbandry
- Human mobility and kinship during the spread of agriculture in Europe and Southeast Asia
- Production in aquatic peri-urban systems in South East Asian
- The challenges of the agrarian transition in Southeast Asia
- Travelling companions and unwelcome guests: human dispersal and exchange networks in the Holocene
Student and Alumni Societies and Associations
The Oriental Museum is devoted entirely to the art and archaeology of the Orient, our Chinese and Egyptian collections being amongst the finest in Britain.