Insights captures the ideas and work-in-progress of the Fellows of the Institute of Advanced Study at Durham University. Up to twenty distinguished and ‘fast-track' Fellows reside at the IAS in any academic year. They are world-class scholars who come to Durham to participate in a variety of events around a core inter-disciplinary theme, which changes from year to year. Each theme inspires a new series of Insights, and these are listed in the inside back cover of each issue. These short papers take the form of thought experiments, summaries of research findings, theoretical statements, original reviews, and occasionally more fully worked treatises. Every fellow who visits the IAS is asked to write for this series. The Directors of the IAS - Veronica Strang, Barbara Graziosi, Stuart Elden and Martin Ward - also invite submissions from others involved in the themes, events and activities of the IAS. Previous editors of Insights were Professor Susan Smith (2006-2009) and Professor Michael O'Neill (2009-2012).
Insights is edited by Barbara Graziosi, IAS Director and Professor of Classics.
Correspondence should be directed to Audrey Bowron
Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this website, you agree to the Terms and Conditions set out below:
- The design and contents of Insights are subject to copyright.
Copyright and Reproduction Rights in all submitted contributions remain with the relevant authors, as described in the Author’s Agreement.
Copyright and Reproduction Rights of all other material remain with Insights.
- Except under the terms of Fair Dealing (UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988), the user may not modify, copy, reproduce, retransmit or otherwise distribute the site and its contents (whether text, graphics or original research concepts), without express permission in writing from the Editor. Where the above content is directly or indirectly reproduced in an academic context under the terms of Fair Dealing, this must be acknowledged with the appropriate bibliographical citation.
- The Institute cannot warrant that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that it will be continuously available. The Institute of Advanced Study, Durham University, or staff thereof, shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, or damage, including consequential damage, caused by reliance on materials within the website, or publications in any media associated with it.
- The opinions stated in the Insights papers are those of their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Institute of Advanced Study, Durham University, or the staff and students thereof.
- These terms are in addition to the generic Disclaimer that applies to all websites published by Durham University.