Durham International Senior Fellowships
The EU-sponsored Durham International Fellowships for Research and Enterprise (DIFeREns) allows Durham University to gather together scholars, researchers, policy makers or practitioners from around the world and across the full spectrum of science, social science, arts and humanities to address themes of global significance in collaboration with Durham's Research Institutes and researchers.
As part of the DIFeREns scheme Durham University is now recruiting two types of Senior Fellow for 2013-14:
- Senior Research Fellowships
- Policy and Enterprise Fellowships
Up to 17 Fellowship will be available in (2013-14): 10 Senior Research Fellowships and 7 Policy and Enterprise Fellowships.
Applications are encouraged from individuals who wish to work on collaborative research projects with one of Durham University's thematic Institutes or with the Durham Business School:
- Durham Energy Institute (DEI)
- Biophysical Sciences Institute (BSI)
- Institute of Computational Cosmology (ICC)
- Institute of Particle Physics Phenomenology (IPPP)
- Institute of Hazard, Risk and Resilience (IHRR)
- Wolfson Research Institute (WRI)
- Institute of Mediaeval and Renaissance Studies (IMRS)
- Durham Global Security Institute (DGSI)
However, applications are also welcome from individuals wishing to collaborate on a research project associated with other research groups or Research Centres at Durham University.
To be eligible, in line with the terms of funding set by Marie Curie, "researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account". The reference date is 1 July 2013. For full details please visit http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/dc/index.cfm?fuseaction=UserSite.PeopleDetailsCallPage&call_id=381.
Before applying, applicants must seek the agreement of a Durham academic to act as their host.
The closing date for applications, for both categories of Fellowship, is 18 January 2013
For further details about both categories of Fellowship and how to apply please consult the '2013-14 Senior Fellowship Scheme -Further Particulars' document below.
Durham Senior Fellowships - Further Particulars
- 2013-14 Senior Fellowship Further Particulars - Round 3 (last modified: 17 September 2012)
- 2013-14 Senior Fellowship Application Form (last modified: 15 August 2012)
- 2013-2014 SRF Proforma - Durham Staff Only (last modified: 15 August 2012)
- Eligibility Guide - COFUND / Addison-Wheeler (last modified: 4 March 2013)