Recruitment and Selection (Briefing Session)
Recruiting new staff members is a timely and expensive process and there are serious implications if the recruitment process isn't handled correctly and professionally.
This short briefing looks at key aspects of the recruitment process and how recruitment processes need to operate within employment law.
By the end of the briefing delegates will:-
- Understand the key stages of the recruitment process
- Be aware of equality and diversity issues and how they need to be considered in the recruitment process
- Understand how to avoid unfair discrimination at shortlisting and interviewing stages
- Be able to structure and conduct professional interviews
- Be aware of key questioning techniques
- Recruitment Process
- Brief overview of additional selection methods
- Diversity and Equality Issues
- Person Specifications
- Arranging the Interviews
- Interviewing techniques
This programme is a briefing and information session.
Who is the session suitable for?
All staff who are involved in recruiting staff, especially those staff who sit on recruitment panels.