Managing time effectively can contribute to the success of any organisation in the same way as effective financial or resource management. Yet we rarely give the same priority to the use of time as we do other aspects of management.
Effective time management helps organisations to make the best use of limited resources and ensures that priorities are identified and business objectives achieved. How often have we heard the phrase “Time is money”? Team relationships also improve when time is managed well. There is a proactive rather than reactive approach which gives control, reduces stress and improves staff motivation.
This course will help delegates to acquire the essential skills of time management and to identify priority areas where changes may be needed.
To enable participants to:
- Spend more time on achieving results rather than on crisis and routine
- Identify time wastage and discover ways to overcome it
- Clarify professional and personal goals and work towards their achievement
- Make better use of work planning systems
- Time usage
- Time stealers
- Planning and prioritising
- Delegation techniques
- Strategies for gaining time
- Assertion and time management
A mixture of presentation, group discussion and practical work.
Who is the course suitable for?
All staff who wish to explore how to improve their time management techniques.