What does a PI need to do?
- Query any grant application with the Research Office and discuss whether there is a possibility of a Research Passport requirement involved in the project.
- To check whether Research Passport is required, look at the following link on HR Web which details a pre-engagement check: http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/hr/policies/research/precheck.pdf
- Contact NHS Research & Development representative at County Durham and Tees Valley Trusts to confirm that a Research Passport is required. You will need to query the level of CRB check required. Contact information is available at: http://www.crncc.nihr.ac.uk/index/networks/comprehensive/clrns/county_durham.html
- Any current members of staff involved in the project should be directed to http://www.dur.ac.uk/hr/policies/research/respssprt/apply/
- Ensure HR Recruitment Team is aware of the requirement for any new posts for details to be included in further particulars. Any offer is subject to necessary clearances. Prior to taking up appointment discussion should occur with the successful candidate in regard to the Research Passport and the individual should be directed to the HR web: http://www.dur.ac.uk/hr/policies/research/respssprt/apply/
- Keep in touch with the researcher to ensure the Research Passport is progressing in good time.
- Sign section 4 of the Research Passport form to confirm suitability of the researcher for the benefit of the NHS organisation.