Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the language qualifications from non-native English speakers?
It is the normal expectation that candidates for admission should be able to demonstrate satisfactory English proficiency before the start of a programme of study.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - You must achive an overall band score of at least 7.0 (with no element below 6.5).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language™ (TOEFL) - In the TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test) you must score at least 102 ( with no element under 25).
In all cases the relevant certificate should have been issued within two years of the programme start date.
2. What are the academic requirements for the programme?
A high mark on your first degree is required. In the British system that would be a 2.1 or a 1st degree, in the American system a 3.5 or above, in the German system a score of 2,0 or better in the intermediate exam (Zwischenprüfung) plus one semester in the Hauptstudium (with a score of 2,0 or better).
3. Is there an intercalated Option for Medical Students?
Yes, there is. If you are a medical student who wishes to do an intercalated degree, the HPSM Masters Programme might be an interesting option for you. You need to have successfully completed stage 4 (i.e. four years of medical training) of a qualifying medical degree at an approved university. Please contact one of the Programme Directors for further details about how to apply.