Designated History of the Book courses include the following.
- Level 1: Papyrus to Print: chapter in the history of the Book from Antiquity to the Reformation
- Level 2: The Book of Hours in Medieval Life and Art
- Level 3: The World of Illuminated Manuscripts
- The Archaeology of the Book: codicology and culture from Antiquity to the Renaissance
- Palaeography: scribes and scripts from Antiquity to the Seventeenth Century
Professor Gameson would welcome enquires from candidates interested in pursuing research in the fields of late antique, medieval and early renaissance manuscripts and books, embracing such areas as scribes and printers, illumination and decoration, production and use, libraries and collections, along with literacy, book-culture, and the transmission of texts.