There's a lot to learn about college and Durham in general but don't fear, if its important its on this page, handily organised into categories. Any current student can add to or update this information so that everyone can benefit from each others' experiences.
What to Bring
- Kettle and tea, coffee, squash, biscuits, mugs etc, as we all know a cuppa is probably one of the most useful social tools in your arsenal, and it tastes good too!
- A selection of posters, cards, pictures and knick knacks to brighten up and personalise your room. (Don’t forget the whitetac to stick them up with)
- Iron to keep the creases at bay (although hanging clothes for a few days works too!)
- A Strip adaptor for all your electrical goods to run off
- A good first aid/ medicine kit: painkillers, plasters, tissues, first aid items, rehydration salts, Lemsip, throat sweets, vitamins etc. It’s best to make sure you’re prepared for freshers’ flu and beyond.
- For the Freshers’ Dinner and following formals/department dinners/society balls, etc: Girls- Bring a selection of cocktail dresses or smart skirts and blouses. Boys- bring a nice suit or two. It’s great to have some nice outfits to choose from for smarter college events. A Dinner Jacket (for the boys) and a ball gown or favourite cocktail dress (for the girls) is a really worthwhile investment, given the need for such items at formals, balls and other such occasions .