Friends of Grey College
The Friends of Grey College was founded in 2003 as an independent source of funding for various aspects of College life. It especially aims to support the learning community particularly the JCR. It seeks to do this by -
- Making awards in cases of student hardship that cannot be met from other funds.
- Providing vacation studentships.
- Travel bursaries for undergraduates.
- Improving College facilities.
- Providing funds for College projects.
- Supporting College societies.
Recent awards include paying for the snooker room refurbishment; new curtains for Fountains Hall; sports trophies in the name of the late Master, Dr Syd Holgate
The funds are administered by a board of trustees: Henry Dyson (Chairman), Howard Godfrey QC, Mark Creighton (former JCR President) and Alan D Richards (graduate and fellow of the College). The Trustees act on the advice of the Master, the President of the JCR and respond to individual applications from other College members.