Dr Sara Fuller
I joined the department after completing my PhD in the Department of Town and Regional Planning, University of Sheffield. My thesis explored environmental justice and democracy in the EU and focused on environmental NGOs and their activities in relation to large scale infrastructure projects in Eastern Europe. Prior to this, I worked at the Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Westminster, exploring the interfaces between social exclusion and the environment in deprived communities and completed an MSSc in Human Geography at the University of Joensuu (Finland). I am currently working on a number of research projects on topics including environmental justice, climate change and energy vulnerability.
Journal papers: academic
- Fuller, S. & Bulkeley, H. Changing countries, changing climates: achieving thermal comfort through adaptation in everyday activities. Area. Forthcoming.
- Fuller, S. Reflections on the Via Baltica campaign in Poland. Social Movement Studies. Forthcoming.
- Lucas, K. & Fuller, S. Putting the ‘E’ into LSPs: Representing the environment within Local Strategic Partnerships in the UK. Local Environment. 2005;10:461-475.
- Atkinson, S., Fuller, S. & Painter, J. Wellbeing and Place. Ashgate; Forthcoming.
- Atkinson, S., Fuller, S. & Painter, J. Wellbeing and Place. In: Atkinson, S., Fuller, S. & Painter, J. Wellbeing and Place. Ashgate; Forthcoming:1-14.
- Hagell, A., Curtis, S., Daya, S., Khatib, Y., Pain, R., Rothon, C., Stansfeld, S. & Fuller, S. Some thoughts on the broader context: neighbourhoods and peers. In: Hagell, A. Changing Adolescence: Social Trends and Mental Health. Policy Press; 2012:151-164.
- Fuller, S., Bickerstaff, K., Khaw, F-M. & Curtis, S. Communication about persistent environmental risks: problems of knowledge exchange and potential of participative techniques. In: Bennett, P., Calman, K., Curtis, S. & Smith, D. Risk Communication and Public Health. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2010:261-278.
Other publications: research
- Bulkeley, H. & Fuller, S. Low carbon communities and social justice. 2012.
- Lahtemaki-Smith, K., Fuller, S. & Böhme, K. Integrated Multi-level Analysis of the Governance of European Space. 2005.
- Lucas, K., Fuller, S., Psaila, A. & Thrush, D. Where there’s a will, there’s a way: Prioritising local environmental concerns within neighbourhood renewal. 2004.
- Lucas, K., Ross, A. & Fuller, S. What’s in a name? Local Agenda 21, community planning and neighbourhood renewal. 2003.
- Interdisciplinary Cluster on Energy Systems, Equity and Vulnerability
- RGS-IBG Planning and Environment Research Group
- 2011: Assessing the potential for socially just low carbon communities (with Prof. Harriet Bulkeley, Durham University) Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- 2011: Discourses of energy justice in the US and Europe (with Dr Darren McCauley, University of St Andrews) InCluESEV Research Development Fund