Professor Alan Townsend - all publications
Journal papers: academic
- Townsend, A & Townsend, J Accountability, motivation and practice: NGOs North and South. Social and Cultural Geography. 2004;5:271-284.
- Townsend, A Piggy-backing Planners risk fall. Newstart. 2004;16.
- A.R. Townsend Build a professional bridge; planning and the recruitment process in regeneration. Planning. 2003.
- J. Liddle & A.R. Townsend Reflections on the development of local strategic Partnerships: key emerging issues. Local Governance. 2003;29:37-54.
- J. Tully & A.R. Townsend The legacy of the development corporations: from heavy engineering to call centres. Northern Economic Review. 2003;80-95.
- A.R. Townsend Contradictions in planning education. Planning Practice and Research. 2002;14:21.
- A.R. Townsend Public speaking rights, members and officers in a planning committee. Planning Practice and Research. 2002;17:59-68.
- A.R. Townsend Diversification de las salidas profesionales para los geografos y las geografas en el Reino Unido. Documents d'Analisi Geografica. 2001;39:57-74.
- B. Thomas & A.R. Townsend New trends in the growth of tourism employment in the UK in the 1990's. Tourism Economics. 2001;7:295-310.
- N. Coe & A.R. Townsend The spatial configuration of inter-firm networks in producer services agglomerations. In: Global competition and local networks. Ashgate; 2002:280-312.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J Cities, City Regions and the Changing Geography of Business Offices - Revised report. 2004.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J Public participation in the revised Planning system. 2004.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J Cities, City Regions and the Changing Geography of Business Offices. 2003.
- Townsend, A & Southern, A Evaluation of Connect@Sunderland. 2003.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J South Tyneside Enterprise Partnership (STEP), Single Regeneration Budget: Combined Programme, Independent Evaluation 2001-2002, with Centre for Public Policy, Northumbria University. 2003.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J The legacy of long-term economic change between and within cities. 2003;40.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J The Teesdale Business Park Impact Study. 2003.