Current Postgraduate Students
Mr Philip Robinson, BVMS DSVM MSc MRCVS
US-UK Fulbright Scholarship to Mississippi State University, January - April 2010
University of London 150th Anniversary Prize for highest overall marks in MSc Veterinary Epidemiology & Public Health, March 2011
Dudley Stamp Memorial Trust Award, April 2013
Veterinary ethnography: new shoes for 'shoe-leather' epidemiology? - International Symposium on Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics (ISVEE) XIII, Maastricht, Netherlands, 21 August 2012
Securing freedom from disease: a political ecology of animal health - Royal Geographical Society conference, Edinburgh, 3 July 2012
Farmers' views on cattle and badger vaccination to control bovine TB - Society for Veterinary Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine conference, Madrid, 21 March 2013
Veterinary geographies of bovine tuberculosis: what to do about ‘the badger problem’? - Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing Research Colloquium, Durham University, 18 April 2013
Education and Qualifications
1996: Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (BVMS), University of Glasgow
2003: Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Certificate in State Veterinary Medicine (Cert SVM)
2006: Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Diploma in State Veterinary Medicine (DSVM)
2011: Master of Science in Veterinary Epidemiology & Public Health (MSc) Awarded with Distinction, Royal Veterinary College, University of London
Is supervised by
- Robinson, P. (2012). Animal diseases and human health. Geography Review 26(1): 12-15.
Journal papers: academic
- Atkins, P.J. & Robinson, P.A. (2013). Bovine tuberculosis and badgers in Britain: relevance of the past. Epidemiology and Infection 1-8.
- Robinson,P.A. & Epperson,W.B. (2013). Farm animal practitioners' views on their use and expectations of veterinary diagnostic laboratories. Veterinary Record
- Robinson, P.A., Corner, L.A.L.C., Courcier, E.A., McNair, J., Artois, M., Menzies, F.D. & Abernethy, D.A. (2012). BCG vaccination against tuberculosis in European badgers (Meles meles: A review. Comparative Immunology, Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 35(4): 277-287.
- Robinson, P.A., Epperson, W.B., Huston, C.L., Pace, L.W., Wills, R.W. & Cosby, A.G. (2012). Factors influencing diagnostic sample submission by food animal veterinarians in Mississippi. Veterinaria Italiana 48(1): 31-39.
Journal papers: professional
- Robinson, P.A. (2011). Studying while working. The Veterinary Record