عربي ¦ 中文 (简体) ¦ 中文 (繁體) ¦ Русский язык
Welcome to the English Language Centre
The English Language Centre is a busy department that has a number of distinct functions.
As a support department we specialise in EAP (English for Academic Purposes) and through our Summer Pre-sessional and Year-round Pre-sessional programmes we prepare hundreds of international students for life in their academic departments. Our EAP provision also includes In-sessional courses which provide academic language and literacy support to international sutdents throughout their studies. Through our Academic Writing Unit we offer tailored academic literacy and study skills support to students (home and international) in departments around the University.
Finally, we have considerable expertise in offering teacher development to English Language Teachers; we currently run short courses for higher education institutions around the world, including China, Hong Kong, Japan and Russia.
Online Session for Prospective MA TESOL/Applied Linguistics Students
On Wednesday 29 May from 13.30 - 16.30 the English Language Centre is inviting students holding an offer of a place on its MA TESOL programmes to join an online chat and post any questions they have about the programmes and studying in the department.
New Collaborative Session with Durham University Library
The English Language Centre and Durham University Library will be working together this term to offer international students a new session titled 'Finding Academic Sources: beyond the reading list' on Wednesday 1 May, 2-5pm. This is a one-off session focussing on finding appropriate sources for study
Steve Kirk, course director in the English Language Centre, has been invited to speak at the forthcoming EULEAP conference, The Future of EAP, to be held on Saturday 4 May 2013 at Humboldt University, Berlin.
(26 Apr 2013) » More about EULEAP Conference
Wednesday 19 June 2013
- Central Events: Durham Klang 13 - Festival of Contemporary Music 1:00pm onwards, Concert Room, Durham University Music Department, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music: Durham Klang 13 1:00pm onwards
Thursday 20 June 2013
- Central Events: Durham Klang 13 - Festival of Contemporary Music until 8:00pm, Concert Room, Durham University Music Department, Contact email@example.com
- Music: Durham Klang 13 until 7:00pm
Saturday 22 June 2013
- Classics: Graeco-Roman Antiquity and the Idea of Nationalism in the 19th Century 1:30pm onwards, Department of Classics, 38 North Bailey, Ritson Room/CL007
Sunday 23 June 2013
- Classics: Graeco-Roman Antiquity and the Idea of Nationalism in the 19th Century until 12:45pm, Department of Classics, 38 North Bailey, Ritson Room/CL007
Contact DetailsEnglish Language Centre
T:+44 (0)191 334 2230
F:+44 (0)191 334 2231