Transmission electron microscopy
JEOL 2100F FEG TEM
- Schottky field emitter operating at 200 kV.
- An 80 kV alignment as well as minimum dose is available for examining beam sensitive materials.
- High resolution pole piece with 1.0 mm Cs giving 2.3 Å point resolution and 1.0 Å information limit.
- Piezo-driven stage for precision sample movement at high magnifications.
- Oxford INCAx-sight Si(Li) detector for EDX; 50 mm2 area detector at 25o take off angle providing 130 eV energy resolution.
- Gatan GIF tridiem with 4 megapixel UltrascanTM 1000 CCD camera used for EELS analysis, EFTEM mapping. Energy resolution is 1 eV or better.
- Gatan Orius camera for acquiring high quality images over a wide field of view as well as diffraction patterns.
- JEOL HAADF/bright field PMT and Gatan ADF/bight field PMT for STEM imaging (simultaneous bright field and dark field imaging is possible using a suitable combination of detectors).
- Gatan Digiscan 2 for STEM EELS spectrum imaging.
- Video capturing software using Digital Micrograph platform for dynamic experiments.
- Single axis tilt TEM tomography at liquid nitrogen temperatures.
(i) Single tilt holder for quick loading of sample into the microscope column.
(ii) Low background double tilt holder for EDX analysis.
(iii) Gatan model 914 single tilt, nitrogen cooled cryotransfer tomography holder.
JEOL 1200EX TEM
- Tungsten hairpin filament operating at 120 kV.
- GATAN model 792 Bioscan CCD camera for imaging.