Publication details for Prof Mike FlemingFleming, M. (2006). The Concept of ‘Intercultural Citizenship’ Lessons from Fiction and Art. In Education for intercultural citizenship: concepts and comparisons. Alred, G. , Byram, M. & Fleming, M. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters. 130-143.
- Publication type: Books: sections
- ISSN/ISBN: 1853599190, 1853599182
- Keywords: intercultural citizenship, lyceum level, gongmin jiaoyu, Hong Kong, Ministry of Education, Council of Europe.
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
- Dr Geof J. Alred
- Prof Mike Fleming
This book examines citizenship education from the perspective of interculturality in order to extend its meaning and significance within and beyond the nation state, and in education in the nation state. There are chapters which deal with theory and concepts and others which present country and international case studies.