Publication details for Prof Lynn NewtonL.D. Newton (2003). The Occurrence of Analogies in Elementary School Science Books. Instructional Science 31(6): 353-375.
- Publication type: Journal papers: academic
- ISSN/ISBN: 0020-4277, 1573-1952
- DOI: 10.1023/A:1025706410666
- Keywords: analogies - primary (elementary school) - science books - supporting understanding.
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
Investigates the extent to which analogies in instructional science books are provided by authors. Eighty texts available from commercial publishers and intended for use in the elementary school classroom were analyzed. It was found that most of the books did not offer many analogies and fewer than those for older students. (Contains 49 references.)