Dr Martin Richardson
Triple Durham graduate, joined the School in 1993 as History Curriculum Tutor after twenty years teaching in County Durham. Senior Teaching Fellow and Director of Education Studies. Erasmus Co-ordinator and admissions Tutor. Convenor of several undergraduate and postgraduate modules: History of Education; Identity, Culture and Education; Citizenship Education; Harry Potter and the Age of Illusion; PGCE Secondary and Primary History method programmes. Visiting lecturer at University College South, Denmark. Research interests include National Identity; British Culture; Citizenship; the History of Education; and Harry Potter.
Feldkirch, Austria: Reforms in Initial Teacher Training.
Durham, United Kingdom: British National Identity.
Rovaniemi, Finland: British Citizenship in a European Context.
Jelling, Denmark: The National Curriculum in England.
Falun, Sweden: State Control in English Education.
Salzburg, Austria: Citizenship: taught or caught?
Copenhagen, Denmark: British Cultural Identity.
Durham, United Kingdom: English Identity in Context.
Feldkirch, Austria: The Death of the United Kingdom?
Martin would welcome applications from prospective doctoral students in the History of Education; identity, culture and education; citizenship; and Harry Potter
- Harry Potter
- National Identity
- History of Education
- Richardson, M.H. (2010). What a wizard idea. Times Higher Education Online
Journal papers: academic
- Richardson, M.H. (1997). Tales from a Riverbank. Primary History 15.
- Richardson, M.H. (2001). European Patterns, Links and Comparisons in Contemporary History. Denmark: Jelling Bogtryk.
- Richardson, M.H. (2001). A brief history of education in England. In European Patterns, Links and Comparisons. Richardson, M.H. Denmark: Jelling Bogtryk.
- Richardson, M.H. (2001). Citizenship Education in England. In European Patterns, Links and Comparisons in Contemporary History. Richardson, M.H. Denmark: Jelling Bogtryk.
- Richardson, M.H. (2001). English Identity set in a British context. In European Patterns, Links and Compariosns in Contemporary History. Richardson, M.H. Denmark: Jelling Bogtryk.