Publication details for Prof Steve HigginsMoseley, D., Elliott, J., Gregson, M. & Higgins, S. (2005). Thinking Skills Frameworks for Use in Education and Training. British Educational Research Journal 31(3): 367-390.
- Publication type: Journal papers: academic
- ISSN/ISBN: 0141-1926, 1469-3518
- DOI: 10.1080/01411920500082219
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
This article details findings from a systematic review and evaluation of frameworks and taxonomies for understanding thinking, with particular reference to learning in post-16 contexts. It describes the means used to identify and evaluate 35 frameworks and identifies three that appear to be particularly useful in the context of lifelong learning. In the light of this analysis, a schematic integrated model of thinking is outlined and discussed.