Mr Peter Baxendale, BSc MSc
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Before coming to Durham, Peter worked as a development engineer for a company manufacturing process control equipment, and in a similar role for a contract R&D company in the area of embedded microprocessor applications. He came to Durham as Microprocessor Engineer in 1980, working in the University's new Microprocessor Centre. Since 1999 he has been a Lecturer in the School of Engineering, and teaches digital electronics and communications at levels 2,3 and 4 and in the MSc in Communications Engineering.
Communications Networks: network simulation, routing algorithms, intelligent network control.
Short range low rate PAN wireless networks, sensor networks, optimisation for low power consumption.
Embedded computer system hardware and operating systems.
Current Research Projects:
Intelligent control of an ant based routing algorithm for communication networks.
Sensor networks based on IEEE 802.15.4.
- Microprocessor systems
- Telecommunication networks
- Baxendale PR & J.E. Mellor (2000). A Virtual Laboratory for Research Training and Collaboration. International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education 37, no.1 95-107
- Baxendale PR (1999). Real ATM in the Virtual Laboratory. Third IFIP Workshop on Traffic Management and Design of ATM Networks, London, 26-27 April 1-10
- Baxendale PR, T.J. Norman, N.R. Jennings & J.E. Mellor (1998). Realising the Virtual Telecommunications Laboratory with Agent Technology. 15th UK Teletraffic Symposium on Performance Engineering in Information Systems, Durham, 23-25 March 5 pages
- Baxendale PR & D. Griffin (1996). Integrated communications management of broadband networks. Crete University Press 1-444
- Legge, D. & Baxendale, P. R. (2004), The strategic control of an ant-based routing system using neural net q-learning agents, Proceedings of the AISB 2004 fourth Symposium on adaptive agents and multi-agent systems AISB 2004 Convention motion, emotion and cognition. Leeds, England, 107-112.
- Legge, D. & Baxendale, P. R. (2003), An agent managed ant-based network control system, Proceedings of the AISB'03 third symposium on adaptive agents and multi-agent systems (AAMAS) AISB 2003. Aberystwyth, Wales, Society for the study of artificial intelligence and simulation of behaviour, Aberystwyth, Wales, 23-30.
- Legge, D. N. & Baxendale, P. R. (2002), An agent-based network management system, Proceedings of the AISB'02 symposium on adaptive agents and multi-agent systems AISB 2002. London, England, Society for the study of artificial intelligence and simulation of behaviour, London, 125-130.