Professor Sana Salous, BEE MSc PhD FIET SMIEEE
(email at email@example.com)
Professor Salous started her academic career in 1984-1988 as an Assistant Professor at Yarmouk University, Jordan. After working at Liverpool University as Research Associate, in 1989 she joined the Department of Electrical Engineering & Electronics at UMIST as a lecturer, where she was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2000 and Reader in 2002. In 2003 she joined Durham University where she currently holds the Chair in Communication Engineering.
- International Vice Chair of Commission C on Radiocommunication Systems and Signal Processing of the International Union of Radio Science, (URSI)
- Associate Editor of Radio Science, American Geophysical Union
- Associate Editor of Communications Systems, John Wiley
- Design of channel sounder and radar systems
- Radio channel characterisation for onbody and small cells at 60 GHz
- Radio channel measurements in 2-6 GHz bands
- Radio propagation studies for long range communications via slywave
- Wireless communications for mobile radio applications
Digital and Radio Communication
- N. Abbasi, S.D. Gunashekar, E.M. Warrington, S. Salous, S.M. Feeney, L. Bertel, D. Lemur & M. Oger (2009), Capacity estimation of HF MIMO systems, 11th International Conference on Ionospheric Radio Systems and Techniques. Edinburgh, IET, UK.
Edited works: conference proceedings
S.D. Gunashekar, E.M. Warrington, S Salous, S.M. Feeney, N.M. Abbasi, D. Lemur and M. Oger(2009).
The use of heterogeneous antenna arrays in experimental HF-MIMO links. EUCAP 2009, Berlin, Germany.
- Feeney, S.M., Salous, S. Warrington, E.M. Gunashekar, S.D., Abbasi, N. Bertel, L. Lemur, D. & Oger, M. (2009). Compact antenna arrays for HF MIMO applications. Ionospheric radio Systems and Techniques, 2009. (IRST 2009). The Institution of Engineering and Technology 11th International Conference on, Edinburgh, UK, IEEE.
- Salous, S & Hinostroza, V (2002). Bi-dynamic indoor measurements with high resolution channel sounder. I E E E.
Journal papers: academic
- Xiang Cheng, Cheng-Xiang Wang, David I. Laurenson, Sana Salous & Athanasios V. Vasilakos (2011). New deterministic and stochastic simulation models for non-isotropic scattering mobile-to-mobile Rayleigh fading channels. Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing 11(7): 829-842.
- Zhe Wang & Sana Salous (2011). Spectrum Occupancy Statistics and Time Series Models for Cognitive Radio. Journal of Signal Processing Systems 62(2): 145-155.
- Abdallah M. Feeney, S.M., Salous, S. & Lewenz, R. (2010). Design and calibration of circular uniform beam array for wideband channel characterisation. IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation 4(1): 43-53.
- Gunashekar, S.D., Warrington, E.M., Feeney, S.M., Salous, S. & Abbasi, N.M. (2010). MIMO communications within the HF band using compact antenna arrays. Radio Science 45: RS6013.
- Xiang Cheng, Cheng-Xiang Wang, David Laurenson, Sana Salous & Anthanasios Vasilakos (2009). An adaptive geometry-based stochastic model for non-isotropic MIMO mobile-to-mobile channels. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 8(9): 4824-4835.
- H. Gokalp, G.Y. Taflan & S. Salous (2009). In-band interference reduction in FMCW channel data using Prony modelling. Electronics Letters 45(2): 132-133.
- S. D. Gunashekar, E. M. Warrington, S. Salous, S. M. Feeney, N. M. Abbasi, & L. Bertel, D. Lemur, and M. Oger (2009). Investigations into the feasibility of multiple input multiple output techniques within the HF band: Preliminary results. Radio Science 44(RS0A19): 1-15.
- Gunashekar, S.D. Warrington, E. Michael Strangeways, Hal J., Erhel, Y., Salous, S., Feeney, S.M., Abbasi, N.M., Bertel, L., Lemur, D., Marie, F. & Oger, M. (2009). Utilization of antenna arrays in HF systems. Annals of Geophysics 52 (3/4)(3/4): 323-338.
- N. Razavi-Ghods & S. Salous (2009). Wideband MIMO channel characterisation in TV studios and inside buildings in the 2.2-2.5 GHz frequency band. Radio Science 44(5): 1-13.
- Michail Matthaiou1, Nima Razavi-Ghods, David I. Laurenson & Sana Salous (2008). Dual frequency MIMO measurements in the 2.26–2.5 GHz band. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing 8(5): 607-614.
- K. Khokhar S. Salous (2008). Frequency domain simulator for mobile radio channels and for IEEE 802.16-2004 standard using measured channels. IET Communications 2(7): 869-877.
- Salous S.,, Feeney S.,, Khokhar K., & Lewenz R. (2008). Measurements of radio channels and bit error rate estimation of IEEE802.16 standard in semi-rural environment at three frequencies in the 2–6 GHz frequency band. IET Communications 2(7): 878-885.
- Salous, S. & Gokalp, H. (2007). Medium- and large-scale characterization of UMTS-allocated frequency division duplex channels. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 56(5): 2831-2843.
- Salous, S., Filippidis, P., Lewenz, R., Hawkins, I., Razavi-Ghods, N. & Abdallah, M. (2005). Parallel receiver channel sounder for spatial and MIMO characterisation of the mobile radio channel. IEE proceedings communications 152(6): 912-918.
- Salous, S. & Hinostroza, V. (2005). Wideband indoor frequency agile channel sounder and measurements. IEE proceedings microwaves, antennas and propagation 152(6): 573-580.
- Arikan, F., Arikan, O. & Salous, S. (2002). A new algorithm for high-quality ionogram generation and analysis. Radio science 37(1): 1004.
- Salous, S. & Gokalp, H. (2002). Dual-frequency sounder for UMTS frequency-division duplex channels. IEE proceedings communications 149(2): 117-122.