Dr Dagou Zeze
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dagou is currently a Senior Lecturer in Engineering at the University of Durham, investigating the integration of nanostructured materials in fabrication of MEMS devices. He was a research fellow at the University of Surrey where he specialised in microfabrication techniques (2000-2003). After his PhD in electronic instrumentation at the University of Clermont-Ferrand, he joined the University of Ulster where he worked on processing thin amorphous carbon films. Daz completed his first Physics Degree at the University of Abidjan, Ivory Coast in 1989.
Dr Dagou Zeze has over 10 years multidisciplinary experience in Electronic Engineering. He joined the School of Engineering at Durham in October 2003 as “Lecturer in Nanotechnology and Microsystems” and is responsible for the introduction of nanostructured materials into the fabrication of MEMS devices. He is currently working on the integration of carbon nanotube materials into MEMS technology using conventional IC processing technology. He has particular interest in low resistivity interconnects and interfacial thermal management.
Dagou completed his first Physics Degree at the University of Abidjan, Ivory Coast in 1989 and a PhD in Electronic Devices materials in 1996, at the University of Clermont-Fd, France where he developed a high resolution electron energy hemispherical analyser. From 1997 to 2000 he worked on thin amorphous carbon films processing at the University of Ulster, under the “Seagate Consortium for magnetic media storage technology”. He developed the concept of selecting carbon nanoclusters by size and distribution, using non-standard hydrocarbon precursors for controlled deposition. As a Research Fellow at the University of Surrey (2000-03), he investigated, in collaboration with Agilent Technologies, the development of a low cost bond wire-free technology, a new generation of integrated optoelectronic multichip modules operating between 1 and 100 GHz for applications in antenna signal distribution and high bit rate telecoms circuits.
- Electronics Research Group
- Swift, GP, Gallant, AJ, Dai, D, Kaliteevski, MA, Brand, S, Zeze, DA, Wood, D, Petty, MC, Abram, RA & Chamberlain, JM (2008). Negative refracting materials at THz frequencies. 2008 33rd International Conference On Infrared, Millimeter And Terahertz Waves, Vols 1 And 2 496-497.
- Gallant, AJ, Zeze, DA, Wood, D, Petty, MC, Dai, D & Chamberlain, JM (2007). Flexible polymer based artificial materials for terahertz applications. 2007 Joint 32nd International Conference On Infrared And Millimeter Waves And 15th International Conference On Terahertz Electronics, Vols 1 And 2 961-962.
- M Palumbo, K.U Lee, B.T Ahn, A. Suri, K.S Coleman, D Zeze, D Wood, C Pearson & M.C Petty (2006). Electrical investigations of layer-by-layer films of carbon nanotubes. JOURNAL OF PHYSICS D: APPLIED PHYSICS 39: 3077–3085.
- Mabrook, MF, Kolb, D, Pearson, C, Zeze, DA & Petty, MC (2009). Fabrication and Characterisation of MIS Organic Memory Devices.
- Gallant, AJ, Levitt, JA, Kaliteevski, M, Wood, D, Petty, MC, Abram, RA, Brand, S, Swift, GP, Zeze, DA & Chamberlain, JM (2007). Artificial plasmonic materials for THz applications - art. no. 647206.
Journal papers: academic
- Pumarol, Manuel, Rosamond, Mark Christopher, Tovee, Peter D., Petty, Michael C., Zeze, Dagou A, Falko, Vladimir I & Kolosov Oleg V. (2012). Direct nanoscale imaging of ballistic and diffusive thermal transport in graphene nanostructures. Nano Letters 12(6): 2906–2911.
- A. Sleiman, M.C. Rosamond, M. Alba Martin, A. Ayesh, A. Al Ghaferi, A.J. Gallant, M.F. Mabrook & D.A. Zeze (2012). Pentacene-based metal-insulator-semiconductor memory structures utilizing single walled carbon nanotubes as a nanofloating gate. Applied Physics Letters 100(2): 023302.
- M.C. Rosamond, A.J. Gallant, M.C. Petty, O. Kolosov & D.A. Zeze (2011). A versatile nanopatterning technique based on controlled undercutting and liftoff. Advanced Materials 23(43): 5039-5044.
- M.K. Massey, C. Pearson, D.A. Zeze, B.G. Mendis & M.C. Petty (2011). The electrical and optical properties of oriented Langmuir-Blodgett films of single-walled carbon nanotubes. Carbon 49(7): 2424.
- J.J. Atherton, M.C. Rosamond, S. Johnstone & and D.A. Zeze. (2011). Thermal characterisation of µL volumes using a thin film thermocouple based sensor. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical 166(1): 34.
- Cirlin, G.E., Dubrovskii, V.G., Samsonenko, Y.B., Bouravleuv, A.D., Durose, K., Proskruryakov, Y.Y., Mendes, B., Bowen, L., Kaliteevski, M.A., Abram, R. & Zeze, D.A. (2010). Self-catalyzed, pure zincblende GaAs nanowires grown on Si(111) by molecular beam epitaxy. Physical Review B 82(3): 035302.
- Venet. C, Pearson, C., Jombert, A.S., Mabrook, M.F., Zeze, D.A. & Petty, M.C. (2010). The morphology and electrical conductivity of single-wall carbon nanotube thin films prepared by the Langmuir–Blodgett technique. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 354: 113-117.
- Mabrook, MF, Yun, YJ, Pearson, C, Zeze, DA & Petty, MC (2009). A pentacene-based organic thin film memory transistor. Applied Physics Letters 94(17): 3.
- Mabrook, MF, Yun, YJ, Pearson, C, Zeze, DA & Petty, MC (2009). Charge Storage in Pentacene/Polymethylmethacrylate Memory Devices. Ieee Electron Device Letters 30(6): 632-634.
- Mabrook, MF, Jombert, AS, Machin, SE, Pearson, C, Kolb, D, Coleman, KS, Zeze, DA & Petty, MC (2009). Memory effects in MIS structures based on silicon and polymethylmethacrylate with nanoparticle charge-storage elements. Materials Science And Engineering B-advanced Functional Solid-state Materials 159-60: 14-17.
- Mabrook, MF, Pearson, C, Jombert, AS, Zeze, DA & Petty, MC (2009). The morphology, electrical conductivity and vapour sensing ability of inkjet-printed thin films of single-wall carbon nanotubes. Carbon 47(3): 752-757.
- Dimitrakis, P, Normand, P, Tsoukalas, D, Pearson, C, Ahn, JH, Mabrook, MF, Zeze, DA, Petty, MC, Kamtekar, KT, Wang, CS, Bryce, MR & Green, M (2008). Electrical behavior of memory devices based on fluorene-containing organic thin films. Journal Of Applied Physics 104(4): 044510.
- Mabrook, MF, Pearson, C, Kolb, D, Zeze, DA & Petty, MC (2008). Memory effects in hybrid silicon-metallic nanoparticle-organic thin film structures. Organic Electronics 9(5): 816-820.
- Jombert, AS, Coleman, KS, Wood, D, Petty, MC & Zeze, DA (2008). Poole-Frenkel conduction in single wall carbon nanotube composite films built up by electrostatic layer-by-layer deposition. Journal Of Applied Physics 104(9): 7.
- Pearson, C, Ahn, JH, Mabrook, MF, Zeze, DA, Petty, MC, Kamtekar, KT, Wang, CS, Bryce, MR, Dimitrakis, P & Tsoukalas, D (2007). Electronic memory device based on a single-layer fluorene-containing organic thin film. Applied Physics Letters 91(12): 3.
- Gallant, AJ, Kaliteevski, MA, Wood, D, Petty, MC, Abram, RA, Brand, S, Swift, GP, Zeze, DA & Chamberlain, JM (2007). Passband filters for terahertz radiation based on dual metallic photonic structures. Applied Physics Letters 91(16): 3.
- Miyajima, Y, Nitta, S, Silva, SRP & Zeze, DA (2005). Surface induced bulk modifications of amorphous carbon nitride films bypost-deposition oxygen and hydrogen plasma treatment. Thin Solid Films 491(1-2): 161-167.
- Boskovic, B. O., Stolojan, V., Zeze, D. A., Forrest, R. D., Silva, S. R. P. & Haq, S. (2004). Branched carbon nanofiber network synthesis at room temperature using radio frequency supported microwave plasmas. Journal of applied physics 96(6): 3443-3446.
- Zeze, D. A., Cox, D. C., Weiss, B. L. & Silva, S. R. P. (2004). Lithography-free high aspect ratio submicron quartz columns by reactive ion etching. Applied Physics Letters 84(8): 1362-1364.
- Zeze, DA, Silva, SRP, Haq, S & Harris, SJ (2003). Comparison of the X-ray photoelectron and electron-energy-loss spectraof the nitrogen-doped hydrogenated amorphous carbon bond. Philosophical Magazine 83(16): 1937-1947.
- Zeze, DA, Joyce, AM, Anderson, CA & Brown, NMD (2002). Control and mass selection of CnHm+ fragments in an inductively coupledpulsed plasma. Applied Physics Letters 80(1): 22-24.
- Zeze, D.A, Forrest, R. D., Carey, J. D., Cox, D. C., Robertson, I. D., Weiss, B. L. & Silva, S. R. P. (2002). Reactive ion etching of quartz and pyrex for micro electronic applications. Journal of applied physics 92(7): 3624-3629.
- Zeze, D. A., Silva, S. R. P., Brown, N. M. D., Joyce, A. M. & Anderson, C. A. (2002). Targeting mass-selected cluster ions for the deposition of advanced carbonaceous materials using an inductively coupled plasma. Journal of applied physics 91(4): 1819-1827.
- Papakonstantinou, P, Zeze, DA, Klini, A & McLaughlin, J (2001). Chemical bonding and nanomechanical studies of carbon nitride filmssynthesised by reactive pulsed laser deposition. Diamond And Related Materials 10(3-7): 1109-1114.
- Zeze, DA, North, DR, Brown, NMD & Anderson, CA (2000). Comparison of CxNy H films obtained by deposition using magnetronsputtering or an inductively coupled plasma. Surface And Interface Analysis 29(6): 369-376.
- Zeze, DA, North, DR, Brown, NMD & Anderson, CA (2000). Investigation of the uniformity and coverage of CxNy H overcoatingsduring PECVD in an inductively coupled plasma. Surface And Interface Analysis 29(3): 201-207.
- Kapsa, R, Stara, I, Zeze, D, Gruzza, B & Matolin, V (1998). AES and EELS study of aluminium oxide thin films. Thin Solid Films 317(1-2): 77-80.
- Zeze, DA, O'Toole, EP, Crawford, RI, Cui, N, Anderson, CA & Brown, NMD (1998). Characterization of carbon nitride films grown using aninductively-coupled plasma with adamantane as the source hydrocarbon. Surface And Interface Analysis 26(12): 896-+.
- Toth, J, Varga, D, Cserny, I, Kover, L, Gruzza, B, Zeze, D, Jardin, C & Gergely, G (1998). Resolution correction in EELS. Vacuum 50(3-4): 473-479.
- Stara, I, Zeze, D, Matolin, V, Pavluch, J & Gruzza, B (1997). AES and EELS study of alumina model catalyst supports. Applied Surface Science 115(1): 46-52.
- Zeze, D, Bideux, L, Gruzza, B, Golek, F, Danko, D & Mroz, S (1997). Retarding field analyser used in elastic peak electron spectroscopy. Vacuum 48(3-4): 399-401.
- ZEZE, D, GRUZZA, B, GUGLIELMACCI, JM & JARDIN, C (1994). Au, Ag and Ag/Au samples, studied using elastic peak electron spectroscopy (EPES) and computer-simulation. Journal Of Electron Spectroscopy And Related Phenomena 68: 757-762.