Dr Sarah Drummond, BSc MSc PhD FHEA
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
I am a Teaching Fellow in the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences. I graduated from Durham in 1996 followed by an MSc by research in Computer Science. I completed my my PhD (part-time) in 2010. My research interests lie in Requirements Engineering in the areas of Computer Science and Software Engineering Education. My teaching role involves both level 1 and level 2 students and I am the coordinator the level 2 Software Engineering module and Director of Undergraduate Studies for the School.
- Innovative Computing Research Group
Edited works: conference proceedings
- Zhang, C, Budgen, D & Drummond, S (2012). Using a Follow-on Survey to Investigate Why Use of the Visitor, Singleton and Facade Patterns is Controversial. 6th International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering & Measurement, Lund, Sweden, ACM Press.
- Budgen, D., Drummond, S., Brereton, P. & Holland, N. (2012). What Scope is There for Adopting Evidence-Informed Teaching in Software Engineering?. 34th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), Zurich, Switzerland, IEEE.
- Charlton, T. Devlin, M. Marshall, L. & Drummond, S. (2010). "Encouraging Interaction and Status Awareness in Undergraduate Software Engineering Projects: The Role of Social Networking Services". 1st Annual Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), Madrid, Spain, IEEE.
- Devlin, M, Drummond, S, Phillips, C & Marshall, L (2008). Improving Assessment in Software Engineering Student Team Projects. ICS HE Academy, Liverpool, UK.
- Kyaw P. & Drummond S.A. (2007). Synoptic learning and assessment: An experience report. 8th Annual ICS HE Academy, Southampton University, UK.
- Drummond, S.A. & Devlin, M. (2006). Software Engineering Students' Cross-site Collaboration: An Experience Report. ICS HE Academy, Trinity College, Dublin.
- Looker, N., Burd, L., Drummond, S., Xu, J. & Munro, M. (2005). Pedagogic data as a basis for Web service fault models. IEEE International Workshop on Service-Oriented System Engineering (SOSE'05), Beijing, PRC, IEEE Computer Society.
- Drummond, S.A & Jamieson, S. (2005). The Threshold Concept: Helping Students Towards Mastery. 6th Annual Conference of the ICS HE Academy Conference, University of York, UK.
- Burd, E.L. & Drummond, S.A (2004). The place of a customer within group-work projects: An experience report. University of Ulster, N Ireland.
- Burd,E.L., Drummond, S.A. & Hodgson, B.M (2003). Using Peer & Self Assessment for Group Work. ICS HE Academy, Galway, Eire.
- Burd, E.L. & Drummond, S.A (2002). Forging Planned Inter-year Co-operation Through a Peer Mentor System for Group Work Projects. Loughborough Univ, UK.
Journal papers: academic
- Charlton, T, Devlin, M & Drummond, S (2009). Using Facebook to improve communication in undergraduate software development teams. Computer Science Education 19(4): 273-292.
- Drummond, S.A., Boldyreff, C. & Ramage, M (2001). Evaluating Groupware Support for Software Engineering Students. Computer Science Education 11(1): 33-35.
Journal papers: online
- Devlin, M. Drummond, S.A. & Hatch, A. (2008). Using Collaborative Technology in CS Education to facilitate Cross-Site Software Development. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics 6(6): 1-6.