Publication details for Professor Peter TavnerArabian-Hoseynabadi, H., Oraee, H. & Tavner, P.J. (2010). Wind turbine productivity considering electrical subassembly reliability. Renewable Energy 35(1): 190-197.
- Publication type: Journal papers: academic
- ISSN/ISBN: 0960-1481
- DOI: 10.1016/j.renene.2009.04.014
- Keywords: Wind turbine, Doubly Fed Induction Generator (DFIG), Reliability model.
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
This paper proposes a reliability model for the electrical subassemblies of geared wind turbine systems with induction generators. The model is derived considering the failure of main subassemblies and their parameters are calculated. A productivity comparison is performed between the selected wind turbine systems including reliability issues.
Two methods of modification for variable-speed wind turbines with Doubly Fed Induction Generators (DFIG) to improve their availability are finally suggested.