Dr Mohammed Seaid, BSc MSc PhD
Dr Mohammed Seaid is a lecturer in the School of Engineering, Durham University. His doctoral research focused on the design and analysis of numerical methods for simulating the radiative heat transfer equations in gas turbine combustion chambers. His post-doctoral research was conducted in the area of numerical modelling of coupled radiation and hydrodynamics using simplified PN approximations, M1 entropy models and nonlinear multilevel methods.
Along with Prof. Axel Klar (in the Fraunhofer Institut Techno- und Wirtschaftsmathematik at Kaiserslautern, Germany), he has been developping efficient models for radiation and conduction in high temperature gas flows. The general research results have wide applicability within engineering. Since 2001, much of his research work has been undertaken within the SFB 568 Research Group, a strongly collaborative group of mechanical engineers and distributed computing researchers at the universities of Darmstadt, Heidelberg, and Kaiserslautern.
At present he teaches L3 Coastal Engineering, L4 Hydrology and the Environment and L4 Dynamics.
- Shallow water flows
- Transport of suspended sediments
- Tidal flows and currents
- Scientific computing
- Computational radiative heat transfer
- Lattice Boltzmann and discrete-velocity methods
- Modified method of characteristics
- Mechanics Research Group
- Seaid, M. (2004). Mathematical Models and Numerical Methods for Radiation Hydrodynamics: Relaxation Schemes and Multilevel Algorithms. Germany: Shaker Verlag GmbH.
- El-Amrani, M. Seaid, M. Yebari, N. (2008). Proc. 1st Hispano-Moroccan Days on Applied Mathematics and Statistics. Madrid, Spain: Universidad Rey Juan Carlos.
Edited works: conference proceedings
- Banda, M. Seaid, M. Teleaga, I. (2008). Incompressible Navier-Stokes equation solvers based on lattice Boltzmann relaxation systems.
- Pinnau, R. Seaid, M. (2008). Simplified PN Models and Natural Convection-Radiation.
Journal papers: academic
- El-Amrani M. & Seaid, M. (2012). A conjugate gradient algorithm for solving the Galerkin-characteristic approximation of interfacial flows. Applied Numerical Mathematics 62(9): 1197.
- El-Amrani, M. & Seaid, M. (2012). A finite element semi-Lagrangian method with L2 interpolation. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 90(12): 1485.
- Benkhaldoun B., Sari, S. & Seaid, M. (2012). A flux-limiter method for dam-break flows over erodible sediment beds. Applied Mathematical Modelling 36(10): 4847.
- El-Amrani M., Seaid, M. & Zahri, M. (2012). A stabilized finite element method for stochastic incompressible Navier-Stokes equations. International Journal of Computer Mathematics 89(18): 2576.
- Benkhaldoun, F., Daoudi, S., Elmahi, I. & Seaid, M. (2012). Numerical modelling of sediment transport in the Nador lagoon (Morocco). Applied Numerical Mathematics 62(12): 1749.
- Izem, N. Seaid, M. & Wakrim, M. (2012). Simulation of the Lock-Exchange Hydraulics using the Discontinuous Galerkin Method. International Journal of Computer Applications 43(6): 20.
- El-Amrani, M. & Seaid, M. (2011). An L2-projection for the Galerkin-characteristic Solution of Incompressible Flows. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 33(6): 3110-3131.
- Benkhaldoun, F. Seaid, M. (2011). Combined Characteristics and Finite Volume Methods for Sediment Transport and Bed Morphology in Surface Water Flows. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 81(10): 2073.
- Benkhaldoun, F. Daoudi, S. Elmahi, I. Seaid, M. (2011). Comparison of unstructured finite-volume morphodynamic models in contracting channel flows. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 81(10): 2087.
- Benkhaldoun, F. Sahmim, S. Seaid, M. (2011). Mathematical development and verification of a finite volume model for morphodynamic flow applications. Adv. Appl. Math. Mech 3: 470-492.
- Audusse, E. Benkhaldoun, F. Sainte-Marie, J. I. Seaid, M. (2011). Multilayer Saint-Venant equations over movable beds. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series B (DCDS-B) 15(4): 917 - 934.
- Benkhaldoun, F. Elmahi, I. & Seaid, M. (2010). A new finite volume method for flux-gradient and source-term balancing in shallow water equations. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 199(49-52): 3324–3335.
- Benkhaldoun, F. Seaid, M. (2010). A simple finite volume method for the shallow water equations. J. Comp. Applied Math 234: 58-72.
- Benkhaldoun, F. Sahmim, S. & Seaid, M. (2010). A two-dimensional finite volume morphodynamic model on unstructured triangular grids. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids 63(11): 1296-1327.
- El-Amrani, M. & Seaid, M. (2010). An Essentially Non-Oscillatory Semi-Lagrangian Method for Tidal Flow Simulations. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 81(7): 805-834.
- Klar, A. Reuterswärd, P. Seaid, M. (2009). A semi-Lagrangian method for a Fokker-Planck equation describing fiber dynamics. J. Scientific Computing 38(3): 349-367.
- El-Amrani, M. Seaid, M. (2009). A Spectral Stochastic Semi-Lagrangian Method for Convection-Diffusion Equations with Uncertainty. J. Scientific Computing 39: 371-393.
- Seaid, M. (2009). An Eulerian-Lagrangian Method for Coupled Parabolic-Hyperbolic Equations. Appl. Numer. Math 59: 754-768.
- Benkhaldoun, F. Elmahi, I. Seaid, M. (2009). Application of Mesh-Adaptation for Pollutant Transport by Water Flow. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 79: 3415-3423.
- El-Amrani, M. Seaid, M. (2009). Large Eddy Simulation of Turbulent Heat Transport in the Strait of Gibraltar. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 79: 3444-3454.
- Banda, M. Seaid, M. Thömmes, G. (2009). Lattice Boltzmann Simulation of Dispersion in Two-Dimensional Tidal Flows. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 77: 878-900.
- Seaid, M. Thömmes, G. (2009). Lattice Boltzmann simulation of free-surface temperature dispersion in shallow water flows. Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 1: 415-437.
- Rößler, A. Seaid, M. Zahri, M. (2009). Numerical Simulation of Stochastic Replicator Models in Catalyzed RNA-like Polymers. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 79: 3577-3586.
- Benkhaldoun, F. Sahmim, S. Seaid, M. (2009). Solution of the Sediment Transport Equations using a Finite Volume Method based on Sign Matrix. SIAM J. Sci. Comp 31: 2866-2889.
- Manouzi, H. Seaid, M. (2009). Solving Wick-Stochastic Water Waves using a Galerkin Finite Element Method. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 79: 3523-3533.