Staff and Postgraduate Students
Prof Jon Gluyas, BSc (Hons), PhD
Prior to joining Durham University as as Professor of Geoenergy, Carbon capture and storage in 2009, a position sponsored by Dong-Ikon, I worked in the Petroleum Industry for 28 years and have experience working within teams within large multi-national companies and also in smaller companies, several of which I co-founded.
- Sediment Diagenesis and Reservoir Quality Prediction
- Petroleum Production Geosciences
- Carbon Capture and Geostorage
- Geothermal Energy
- Neilson, E.C. & Wills, J. (2012). The Technical and Legal Guide to Global Hydrocarbons Volume 1. Aberlour Press, Aberdeen.
- Wilkinson, M., Haszeldine, R.S., Hosa, A., Stewart, R.J., Holloway, S., Bentham, M., Smith, K., Swarbrick, R.E., Jenkins, S., Gluyas, J.G., Balbinski, E., Mackay, E., Smith, G., Daniels, S.E. & Anderson, D. (Published), Defining simple and comprehensive assessment units for CO2 storage in saline formations beneath the UK North Sea and continental shelf, Internation Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control (GHGT-10). Amsterdam, Netherlands, Elsevier.
Journal papers: academic
- Kudryavtsev, V.A.,, Spooner, N.C.,, Gluyas, J.G.,, Fung, C., & Coleman, M.L. (2012). Monitoring subsurface CO2 emplacement and security of storage using muon tomography. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 11: 21-24.
- Mathias, S.A.,, Gluyas, J.G.,, Gonzalez Martinez de Migel, G.J., & Wilson, D., (2012). On the importance of relative permeability data for estimating CO2 injectivity in brine aquifers. Water Resources Research
- Mathias, S.A., Gluyas, J.G., Oldenburg, C.M. & Tsang, C-F. (2010). Analytical solution for Joule-Thomson cooling during CO2 geosequestration in depleted oil and gas reservoirs. International Journal of Greenhouse gas Control 4(5): 806-810.
- Adams, C.A., Gluyas, J.G. & Mathias, S.A. (2010). Application of Hydrogeological parameters for evaluating the thermal resource potential for deep groundwater systems. British Hydrological Society
- Gluyas, J.G. & Daniel, S.E. (2010). Is Carbon capture and storage really needed? Yes! Chemistry world 41.
- Gluyas, J.G. & Peters, A (2010). Late field-life for oil reservoirs - a hydrological problem. British Hydrological Society
- Younger, P.L., Gluyas, J.G., Cox, M. & Roddy, D. (2010). Underground Coal Gasification. Ingenia 43: 42-46.
Journal papers: professional
- Younger, P.L., Gluyas, J.G. & Edwards,W.E. (Published). Development of deep geothermal energy resources in the UK. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers