Scholarships and Bursaries
The following bursaries specifically for disabled students are available through Durham University:
- The Michael David Kuplas Bursary (Durham Law School) UK and international students can apply.
Scholarships and bursaries for UK disabled students:
- The Mike Devenney Scholarship Fund (Opening Doors for Disabled Students)
- The Snowdon Awards Scheme (For students in HE or FE with physical or sensory disabilities)
- The Helena Kennedy Foundation (For students progressing to HE who have overcome severe difficulties, including disability, and who may face financial hardship)
- The British Association of Health Services in Higher Education (For disabled students who are not eligible for UK Disabled Students' Allowances funding)
EU and International Students
Scholarships and bursaries for EU and International disabled students:
- Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Provides scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities. Annual opportunity to apply.
- The Snowdon Awards Scheme also offers support to disabled overseas students.
- The UK 9/11 Scholarships Fund established jointly by the British Council and World Trade Center Disaster Fund.
- Marshall Scholarships for US students wishing to study in the UK.
- Chevening Scholarships
- The British Association of Health Services in Higher Education (For disabled students who are not eligible for UK Disabled Students' Allowances funding but who are studying in the UK)