Should I contact DUSSD?
If you are currently a student at Durham University and you are worried about a:
- physical disability
- specific learning difference (SpLD)
- mental health problem
- medical condition
and the impact it is having on your studies, contact one of our advisers immediately.
Our specialist team are trained to give confidential and impartial advice. They are happy to reassure and support you at any time throughout your course. Remember, early intervention can prevent problems escalating.
- you have a recognised disability, which you did not disclose to the university
- you did disclose a disability, but chose not to accept support (until now)
- you suspect you may have a previously undiagnosed specific learning difference (SpLD)
- you are not sure whether you have a 'disability' or not
Other disabled students' experiences
You may find it helpful to read about other disabled students' experiences at Durham University.
Get involved in Student Forums
We are always keen for feedback from students who use the DUSSD service. If you are interested in joining one of our regular Student Forums for disabled students, to discuss service delivery and improvements, please get in touch.
Advice from our students
I wish I had contacted DUSSD as soon as possible. I might not have needed to resit exams or take a year out if I had.
Jenny (3rd year)