Drawing on its inter-disciplinary network of experts, DGSI offers specialist consultancy services to governmental, intergovernmental, non-governmental and civil society organisations in the areas of conflict prevention, humanitarian intervention and post-conflict stabilisation and peacebuilding.
Previous and present consultancies of staff who will be participating in DGSI include work carried out for such organisations as:
- government departments such as the UK Department for International Development, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Swiss Federal Department of Defence, Civil Protection and Sport
- regional organisations such as the European Commission (External Relations), the Council of Europe (Venice Commission) and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- international organisations such as the United Nations Development Programme and the World Economic Forum's Geopolitics, and Energy Programmes
- non-governmental organisations such as the Conflict Sensitivity Consortium (which, besides DFID, includes CARE, World Vision, CAFOD, Action Aid, Save the Children, Plan, Saferworld, Responding to Conflict, International Alert, Skillshare International)
- commercial organisations such as KPMG Development Advisory Services (Fragile States) and international law firms