Publication detailsSiems, Mathias & Deakin, Simon (2010). Comparative Law and Finance: Past, Present and Future Research. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE) 166(1): 120-140
- Publication type: Journal papers: academic
- ISSN/ISBN: 0932-4569, 1614-0559
- DOI: 10.1628/093245610790711500
- View online: Online version
- Durham research online: DRO record
Author(s) from Durham
Comparative law and finance quantifies differences in the laws governing the business enterprise in various countries. The resulting data can be used to test which legal institutions (if any) matter for financial development. Until recently only cross-sectional data were available. We report the results of a new approach to coding which has produced longitudinal data sets on shareholder, creditor, and worker protection.