Durham Energy Futures Film Festival
We have had a great response and have now had to close the registration system.
If you would like to attend DEFFF and have not been able to book a ticket, check back here to see if any become available or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Come along to a FREE and lighthearted evening of insights in to how our energy use is set to change!
Watch some thought provoking films made by student all over the UK about how energy is made and used.
Ask some researchers from Durham Uni what they do and why they think energy so important.
Think and about what energy in the future means.
Drink and eat - there's a free wine reception with nibbles!
7p.m - 8p.m - Drinks recpetion, photo gallery and ask an 'expert'
8 p.m - 10:30 p.m - Showcase of short films, panel discussion and key note talk from Prof. Phil Taylor.
11p.m - Bar closes.
Behind the scenes at DEF3 is the Durham Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in energy. We are a group of PhD students at Durham University from ALL faculties and disciplines but we are all working on something to do with energy. As members of the CDT we have unique opportunities to visit places and hear from all sorts of people connected to energy. Find out about our energy experiences at:
Durham Energy CDT
Doctoral Training Centre, Durham Uni. PhD students researching Energy from Oil to Wind etc! Opinions expressed here do not represent views of Durham Uni etc.
- Did you miss Durham Energy Futures Film Festival?
Never fear! - Catch up on all the action on youtube: http://t.co/23YU0aXy
Tweeted on Wed, 03 Oct 2012 10:33:15 +0100
- RT @LoLoStudent: This is brilliant! The Illustrated Guide to a Ph.D. http://t.co/7RU0s9PP
Tweeted on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:25:27 +0100
- 1st Place Photo:
"Rotating Disc Electrode Vortex" by James Courtney @jmc991
Tweeted on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:16:44 +0100
- 2nd Place Film Short:
"When Alan met Sharon (A U-Value Romance)" from the LoLo Centre
Tweeted on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:14:09 +0100
- 1st Place Film Short:
"Why Build a Sun on Earth?" by York CDT
Tweeted on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:13:33 +0100
- For anyone who missed DEFFF: The results are out, lets have a big virtual round of applause for the winners! Thank you everyone who entered
Tweeted on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:13:00 +0100
- #BP to use LoSal EOR to develop the Clair field! Brilliant news for #NorthSea unconventional/tight reservoirs! http://t.co/OXrSt6ot
Tweeted on Thu, 06 Sep 2012 11:22:31 +0100
- @bobbyllew Come and present #FullyCharged at Durham's Energy Film Festival! We'd love to hear your thoughts about energy at our event!
Tweeted on Wed, 05 Sep 2012 14:11:31 +0100
- Still time to get your photo entries on the "Future of Energy" in to the DEFFF competition! Cash Prizes to be won! http://t.co/yexGmRoq
Tweeted on Wed, 05 Sep 2012 13:07:15 +0100
- There are times when onshore wind farms are actually rather beautiful #reflectionmoment http://t.co/ii9Le1GX
Tweeted on Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:08:04 +0100