Members of DCAPS can offer postgraduate supervision at Master's and PhD level on a range of photography-related topics, including the following:
- War, atrocity and human rights
- Cultural memory and photography
- The visual representation of the built environment
- Photography and national cultures (Latin America, the Francophone world and the German-speaking world)
- Photography and the sociology of culture
Please see individual staff profiles for further details of research interests and expertise.
The centre currently has four research students who are engaged in doctoral research projects on photography. Funding is available via the Durham Doctoral Fellowship and the AHRC (via the Block Grant Partnership). For details of available funding, visit the postgraduate funding pages of the School of Modern Languages and Cultures.