- Undertaking cutting-edge, world-renowned research in synthetic chemistry at the interface between inorganic, organic, process, and catalytic chemistry.
- Bringing together academic and industrial researchers with interests in synthetic green chemistry and chemistry for energy, i.e. sustainable chemical processes.
- Leading a wide variety of different synthetic chemistry-orientated research projects.
- Providing a forum for establishing collaborations, discussion, and research dissemination.
- Faciliting collaborative research projects and grant applications.
- Providing and operating a unique interface to chemical expertise and research facilities.
- Playing an active part in regional networks in synthetic chemistry.