If you need to cancel your appointment
We all have times when, for whatever reason, we cannot make an arranged appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment at Durham email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on: 0191 334 2200 internal telephone (42200)
If you need to cancel your appointment at Stockton email us at: email@example.com or ring us on: 0191 334 0039 internal telephone (40039)
It is your responsibility to let us know if you cannot keep your appointment.
When you are unable to keep an appointment we ask that you inform us of this as soon as possible, but no later than 8.30 am on the day of the appointment.
This will enable us to offer your appointment to a student who is waiting.
- Appointments that are not cancelled in this way, will be counted as one of your six sessions.
- When you contact us to cancel, either by telephone or email, please let us know if you want another appointment and we will organise that for you.
- If you do not attend your appointment, you will receive an email offering you an appointment at the same time the following week (or agreed usual interval). A date and time will be specified for response.
- If no response is received within the time frame specified, the appointment will be offered to a waiting student
- Appointments that are missed will be counted as one of your six sessions
Occasionally, we may need to cancel your appointment if, for example, your counsellor is ill.
If so, we will contact you as soon as possible and offer you another appointment.