Version: 24 November 2011
- CRQ2314 and CRQ3107: The video content type has been modified to use YouTube for parts of its functionality. This should make the process of uploading video content considerably easier for users, as the 10Mb upload limit will not apply. It is also possible to attach videos to content in the same way that images are currently attached. All video upload requests should now be directed to Marketing.
- CRQ2829: Maps and videos can now be embedded into news items and events descriptions
- CRQ2869: A new Twitter feed content type is now available to embed feeds into CMS pages
- CRQ3684: A new "Selected Publications" content type extending and replacing the "Recent Publications" content type and including more options. All existing "Recent Publications" content items will be automatically converted to the new "Selected Publications" type.
- CRQ3710: Substantial changes to the Profile System. The navigation and page layout has been significantly improved, and importing publication data from the external CrossRef database is now possible. A number of REF-related changes have also been made, and more information about these will be available from the Research Office in late November; the only change visible to general users of the system is the addition of a "REF suggestion" checkbox for publications.
Changes to existing features
- CRQ2874: Forms content type - it is now possible to insert HTML formatting into form guidance text, where complex guidance notes are needed.
- CRQ3521: Podcast feeds can now contain Itunes compatibility information
- CRQ3718: Improvements to RSS feed link placement on Events content items
- CRQ3735: Additional improvements to the Photo Banner content type
- CRQ3633: The "preferred email" flag on roles is now used correctly by the Directory.
- CRQ3683: Fixes a bug with publication ordering in some content types
- CRQ3688: Fixes a layout bug in the Boxed Layout content type
- CRQ3693: Allows the Directory to display people with no title correctly.
- CRQ3770: Fixes a bug with feature display affecting a few non-standard page templates
- CRQ3806: Fixes a bug with the in-page resource security warnings that was incorrectly displaying warnings in some cases