Version: 26 May 2011
The following change requests will be completed by this CMS version release.
Site Administrators should note that CRQ3017 involves major internal changes to the way that events are handled. We therefore strongly recommend checking that events are still displayed as expected.
- CRQ2982: There is now a new form for entering new publications on to staff profiles. This form requires less information than the previous form, performs additional checks for duplicates, and makes it easier to deal with a duplicate appearing. Additionally, a 'basic view' has been added to publication editing, which hides fields less commonly-used.
- CRQ2999: The last-update date for staff profiles is now tracked accurately, and a report is available to departmental administrators.
Changes to existing features
- CRQ2964: The names of two conference-related publications categories have been slightly adjusted to make the types of publication they refer to clearer.
- CRQ2973: Registration is no longer required for user-submitted comments, and editors can choose to be emailed when a new comment is submitted.
- CRQ2991: Some additional link destination options have been added to the News content types.
- CRQ2994: Some formatting changes have been made to the Seminars content type
- CRQ3017: The selection of events and the way in which events are displayed have been separated into two settings in the Events content type, to give greater flexibility to editors. Additionally, a new table-based events display format has been added.
- CRQ3027: Content publishing has been made more consistent - all, rather than just some, of the content types displaying data from external databases (i.e. News, Events, FAQs, Seminars, and the many content types that draw information from the Profile system) will now update their content live. Re-publishing the page will still be necessary to update the configuration of these content types.
- CRQ3069: An additional "link join text" option has been added to the staff profile system.
- CRQ2970: The way that the profile system and staff lists check for people who have left the University has been adjusted to avoid some common false positives.
- CRQ3126: A layout bug causing text within boxed layouts to be smaller than normal has been fixed.
- CRQ3129: The HTML editor will no longer remove 'title' attributes from links.
Changes to other applications
- CRQ3026: The text of the message sent to people who are absent from training courses has been amended.