Version: 14 September 2005
- CHANGE: Editing of postgraduate personal data in profile system
- CHANGE: Links on staff/department profiles will remain within the appropriate department
- CHANGE: More preprocessing of MS-Word generated HTML for accessibility reasons
- CHANGE: Research project and research group categorisation
- CHANGE: Separated research project leader and editor roles.
- NEW: Can change the heading of the 'related links' box on a page
- NEW: Export TEI format files for import into Endnote
- NEW: Image gallery content type
- NEW: Site administrators can get a page-responsibility summary for their sites.
- NEW: Site map content type
- NEW: Press cuttings content type
Additionally, some display-related bugs were fixed in the staff list.
Updated guide documents will be available soon.
Editing of postgraduate personal data in profile system
Since it is not necessarily possible to import data for postgraduates from the Directory system, names and telephone numbers for postgraduates can now be edited directly via the Profile system.
Links on staff/department profiles will remain within the appropriate department
When displaying a department or staff profile, links that would go outside the scope of a department have been removed. For example, if a member of staff is in a research group in Engineering, but is a member of the Physics department, then when their staff profile for Physics is displayed, there will be no link to the research group (though their membership of that group will still be visible).
This change prevents confusion when information about one department ends up displayed on another department's profile due to staff who span departments.
More preprocessing of MS Word generated HTML
Additional preprocessing of MS Word generated HTML has been added. This will generally improve accessibility. It may also lead to the HTML not being displayed as intended. If this is the case, we strongly recommend using a better HTML editing package - the use of MS Word for editing HTML is not supported.
Research project and research group categorisation
Research groups and projects can now optionally be placed into department-defined categories for display on the web.
Separated project leader and project editor roles
The project owner role has been separated into two parts:
- Project editor: who is able to edit the project information.
- Project leader: who is listed as the contact for further information about the project
The two, of course, can be the same person if appropriate, and currently all research projects are set so that this is the case.
Related link heading changes
It is now possible to change the heading of the 'related links' box on a page from the 'Page Properties' screen.
Export TEI files for import into EndNote
It is now possible to export TEI (Tagged EndNote Import) files from the profile system. This allows data to be both imported from and exported to EndNote.
Image Gallery Content Type
A new content type for displaying image galleries is available - see the guide for more information about its use.
Site Map Content Type
A new content type for displaying site maps is available - see the guide for more information about its use.
Press Cuttings Content Type
A new content type for managing press cuttings is available - see the guide for more information about its use.
Site administrators can get a page-responsibility summary for their sites.
Site administrators can now see who has been assigned permissions on which pages by following the 'list existing rights' link on the permission assignment screen.