About the CIS Telecoms service
The new telephone system uses the Openscape Voice platform with Openstage 15, 40 or 60 type of handsets with internal 100Mbit/s Ethernet switches for network connectivity. CIS Telecommunications Services are administered from Mountjoy (Rowan) on the Science Site. The Telephone Operators & Supervisor answer up to 1000 calls each day and manage our switchboard between the hours of 09:00 - 17:00 Mon - Fri.
If you have any requests or problems regarding the Telecoms service please contact either the Helpline on extn 44444 or the Telecoms Manager on extn 44445 whereby your enquiry will be dealt with promptly.
The Helpline will be pleased to assist callers with :-
- Day to day enquiries
- Expressions voicemail system
- Fault reporting
- Software changes i.e. access level, call pick-up groups, call forwarding
- Mobile telephone hire
- On-line and directory enquiries within the University
- Tiger call logging system i.e. cost of calls daily, weekly, monthly
- New telephone installations for analogue and IPT equipment
- Hire of Polycom conference telephone
- Co-ordinate work and appointments for our Telecoms staff to deal with.
- Provide confidential reports
- Assist with billing, purchases and mobile telephone accounts
- Organise an engineer to test faulty equipment