The People+ Project will modernise University HR and Payroll, introducing (more) effective and efficient procedures throughout the University supported by software that meets business needs and interfaces with other existing University software.
There will be an emphasis on Change Management, as part of the project will require the development of new business processes and ways of working. This will not only affect the HR and Payroll departments but will include colleagues carrying out HR and Payroll activities in academic and support departments across the University. It will require considerable effort from the project team and HR and Payroll department staff. The work requires careful planning and to facilitate such a far reaching but much needed change, effective communications are paramount.
The project will specify, source and implement a replacement system with an "off the shelf" package which better meets the University's needs. It will:
- improve access to core data;
- remove inefficiencies/duplication of effort;
- improve data security;
- provide better and more useful management information and reporting
The new system will enable the combination of supplementary systems (e.g. all departmental databases, spread sheets or other tools) used in HR/Payroll, departments or colleges to hold personal data, as a primary objective of the project is to eliminate all stand-alone systems.
The new system will need to be flexible enough to provide a "future-proof" platform enabling continued improvements in HR and Payroll processes and will need to interface with existing software.
HR/Payroll Vision Statement
- An integrated HR and Payroll service that provides consistent levels of service.
- A modern off-the-shelf IT package supporting the HR and Payroll service with data entered once, as close to source as possible, that is also validated once close to source and can then be used many times.
- The University will adopt ways of working that are consistent with best practice, and an off-the-shelf IT package
- A system that can manage many different and possibly changing/ evolving payroll types
- A service that is accessible 24/7 providing one true data set therefore reducing the reliance on local ad-hoc systems
- A phased roll-out of the new HR and Payroll service that avoids the potential issues associated with a "big bang" approach.
The Project will be phased and will follow the supplier implementation plan.